Gulf Coast Jeep Club
Go Beyond Pavement

What did you do to your jeep this week?

Area for off-topic conversation
downsouth_zj
Official Club Member

Re: What did you do to your jeep this week?

Postby downsouth_zj » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:36 pm

Added 35x12.50x15 baja claws and stinger from misfit customs.waiting on my ujoint axles new hubs and spartin locker for the d44a.
Attachments
20160917_121310.jpg
20160917_121310.jpg (2.93 MiB) Viewed 483 times
20160919_171222.jpg
20160919_171222.jpg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 483 times
keeping it dirty in the south

AnotherRedZj
Official Club Member

Postby AnotherRedZj » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Very nice! You should black that grill out! You gonna fit the bumper cover back around that stinger?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
ZJ numero uno

downsouth_zj
Official Club Member

Postby downsouth_zj » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:02 am

AnotherRedZj wrote:Very nice! You should black that grill out! You gonna fit the bumper cover back around that stinger?

Gonna build a low profile steel bumper around the stinger.
keeping it dirty in the south

AnotherRedZj
Official Club Member

Re: RE: Re: What did you do to your jeep this week?

Postby AnotherRedZj » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:41 am

downsouth_zj wrote:
AnotherRedZj wrote:Very nice! You should black that grill out! You gonna fit the bumper cover back around that stinger?

Gonna build a low profile steel bumper around the stinger.

ZJ numero uno

Bbhobbs

Postby Bbhobbs » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:20 am

This week I took a hose to my jeep.... Thinking I needed to have the breaks cleaned, I took it to the shop to get them cleaned.... Welllllll..... yeah, I have metal on metal on the rear breaks, ball joints are going bad all around.... and it seems i broke something Sunday in the mud or on the rocks..... My tie rods need to be replaced....

So all in all, it was an expensive little trip to the shop (not my normal shop).... having to find the right parts for the rear breaks (rotors and pads- cause she doesn't have a normal rear end for a '95 yj) and find the right tie rods, and low and behold.... The ball joints are not the normal ones with clips (so says the guy)... you actually have to work to get them out and in.

The love of having a frankinjeep! Oh well... she's down for a couple of days while parts are found and installed... then back up and running for the weekend.....

Oh and there was what they were calling stabilizers... which really aren't... other than they act like them but aren't them... whatever is connected to the steering wheel to hold it in place from bouncing around in my hands, and also connected to the drive shaft to hold that in place.... I think this broke Sunday.... as the bar was just resting casually against the axel in back.... and the front was disconnected.... thinking front is just a bolt... possibly, and the rear.... who knows!!!!!!!

Barb!
Anything you can do I can do to!

AnotherRedZj
Official Club Member

Postby AnotherRedZj » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:22 am

Sounds like you got a proper break-in! [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE] Lol

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

ZJ numero uno

FLEXJ
Board Member

Postby FLEXJ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:06 pm

Bbhobbs wrote:This week I took a hose to my jeep.... Thinking I needed to have the breaks cleaned, I took it to the shop to get them cleaned.... Welllllll..... yeah, I have metal on metal on the rear breaks, ball joints are going bad all around.... and it seems i broke something Sunday in the mud or on the rocks..... My tie rods need to be replaced....

So all in all, it was an expensive little trip to the shop (not my normal shop).... having to find the right parts for the rear breaks (rotors and pads- cause she doesn't have a normal rear end for a '95 yj) and find the right tie rods, and low and behold.... The ball joints are not the normal ones with clips (so says the guy)... you actually have to work to get them out and in.

The love of having a frankinjeep! Oh well... she's down for a couple of days while parts are found and installed... then back up and running for the weekend.....

Oh and there was what they were calling stabilizers... which really aren't... other than they act like them but aren't them... whatever is connected to the steering wheel to hold it in place from bouncing around in my hands, and also connected to the drive shaft to hold that in place.... I think this broke Sunday.... as the bar was just resting casually against the axel in back.... and the front was disconnected.... thinking front is just a bolt... possibly, and the rear.... who knows!!!!!!!

That is quite a bit of work. What shop did you take it to?
If you don't want scratches on your rig, don't follow me. #zillajeep

FLEXJ
Board Member

Postby FLEXJ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:07 pm

downsouth_zj wrote:Added 35x12.50x15 baja claws and stinger from misfit customs.waiting on my ujoint axles new hubs and spartin locker for the d44a.

Sweet
If you don't want scratches on your rig, don't follow me. #zillajeep

Bbhobbs

Postby Bbhobbs » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:44 pm

I took it to Vannoys to get the breaks cleaned....

Would rather have taken it to Auto Doc's.... but it is what it is..... All easy work- but not a fun bill to get... I pick her up tomorrow night, and she should be good to go for a bit!

Barb!

Bbhobbs

Postby Bbhobbs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:46 am

So this weekend we met up with y'all..... woke up yesterday morning to a text asking if I wanted to go check out a new jeep.... listed cheap (I wonder why???...) and checked that out at 7:30 yesterday morning.....
Seems Dessie has decided to make a new buddy.....
IMG_5784.jpg
IMG_5784.jpg (206.14 KiB) Viewed 458 times

It's (pretty sure its a he) coming home today.... So maybe they will make little Jeeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We already know there may be an issue with the 4-low, and a couple other things.... but the Jeep bug hit the house...

After that we went to breakfast, then hit the mud and did some scouting in Blackwater..... came home and passed out.....

Barb!

Return to “Off-Topic”